“If you only care enough for a result, you will almost certainly attain it. Only you must then really wish these things, and wish them exclusively, and not wish at the same time a hundred other incompatible things just as strongly.” –William James
What desires might you have that are not in harmony with your greatest intentions and ambitions?
Even though we are free to choose what we think about, we often tell ourselves destructive things that limit – at least temporarily – the big things God wants to do through us. Pay attention to almost any conversation for about ten minutes and you will hear toxic self-talk, whining, commiserating, blaming, condemning, and justifying. You will hear people passionately arguing in favor of their most cherished limitations. Some insist that they are not being negative but realistic, giving an honest description of their lives The rationalizations may be convincing, and most have become socially acceptable stables of speech, but when people violate Philippians 4:8, consequences always follow.
Where you have been, what you have done, and where you are now matters far less than where you are headed. If you persist in identifying with current or prior performance by constantly thinking and talking about it, then where you have been, where you are, and where you are going will be one in the same.
Here are 10 resources that will challenge you to focus on your goal, and achieve your greatest intentions!
- 8 Things All Mentally Strong People Do
- 40 Thoughts That Will Give You More Joy
- How to Find Your God-Given Genius
- Are You Willing to Prepare to Be Successful?
- 8 Rules for Highly Effective Goal Setting
- Negativity vs Positivity: We Choose Which Pond We Swim In
- One Thing Most Success Stories Have In Common
- What It Means to Experience Spiritual Gratitude
- What Your Limits and Circus Elephants Have In Common
- Achieve The Dream That’s In Your Heart