Every area of your life will be compromised by a depleted supply of energy.
Our fast paced culture demands a lot from us. Often, it is more convenient to drink a source of energy each day than it is to examine our lifestyle. But long-term vitality can come naturally when we implement some key causes of energy into our lives.
1. Write down a goal for how long you want to live healthfully and productively. Obviously, your life is in God’s hands. However, you do have control over many choices that can significantly affect your life expectancy and overall health. Start a list of the healthy habits you will need to put into practice to reach your goal.
2. Develop an ultra-positive attitude. The more positive you are, the more energy you will have! A maximum-energy lifestyle requires that you choose a positive mental attitude. This is not something that happens to you; it is a deliberate choice that ultimately becomes a habit.
3. Control stress. Ask yourself this question: “Have I ever been stressed-out when I wasn’t thinking stressful thoughts?” The meaning you place on a certain event makes it stressful, not the event itself. In other words, stress doesn’t really exist except to the degree to which you allow it. Finding a positive angle on a negative situation goes a long way toward minimizing stress.
4. Exercise effectively. If you want maximum levels of energy, take responsibility for becoming a mini-expert on exercise and fitness. To get started, become well educated on the benefits of aerobic exercise, strength training, and stretching such as yoga, Pilates, or some type of martial arts. These lay a sound foundation for developing an excellent fitness program.
5. Eat nutrient dense foods. Most Americans find themselves in such a constant rush that what they eat is based on convenience rather than nutrition. The foods you choose to eat exert a powerful impact on your level of physical, mental, and emotional energy.
6. Sleep. Sufficient, refreshing sleep is essential to a high-energy lifestyle. Your body needs sleep to function properly and repair itself. Without sufficient sleep, the body is more likely to break down.
7. Schedule ample time to revitalize your mind. Optimum creativity and productivity require mental rest. This means that your brain, like your body, needs sufficient recovery and renewal to operate at its peak.